cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

GamePass Add-On extends minimum contract period?!

I recently switched to a different broadband provider after my minimum term was over. This ended in 2023/02. I am confident that this was the last time that I had updated my account. But BT have tried charging me extortionate exit fees. I refuse to pay this; my contract period was up. Yet I have been told that my contract end date is 2023/12. Going back through my records, and it seems adding a GamePass addon extended the contract time. This doesn't seem right. BT have been absolutely useless in getting this resolved. My phone is through BT mobile, so I cannot use that to contact support. They have cut my service (despite me paying the balance for the phone bills). Funnily enough, this caused problems when I was trying to request a PAC code, which requires mobile verification, because I want to move away from BT after this whole experience. 

Does anyone else have experiences with adding online entertainment packages that have nothing to do with the service BT provide extending their contract period? That was the only change to billing I have made since 2021/02.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: GamePass Add-On extends minimum contract period?!

Hi @melatonein, taking up the offer of the Game Pass would not renew your contract. If you re-contracted your broadband package to get the Game Pass then you would have entered a new contract. 
Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you. I did not re-contract during this time. This is confirmed via email. BT cut off my service. During that time, my GP tried to contact me and when she could not contact me was considering to section me under the mental health act (1983). Thank you for the information. I will be pressing charges against BT for denying me my basic human right to heath care. You have lost a customer for life
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Good luck contacting me. You cut my number off.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Extremely mature BT. A few minutes after I posted this, my broadband dropped.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @melatonein 

Thanks for posting back, really need to investigate this further for you.  I've sent you a private message asking for the details we would need to assist further. 

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings