cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

GamePass Deal: Erased my current subscription

Hi,

I recently renewed my contract and was offered the 12 month Xbox Ultimate Game Pass deal. The activation code looked just like any other redemption code and usually when you redeem them, they just add onto to your existing subscription months remaining.

I was aware that after the 'free' 12 months BT would start charging me £10 per month unless I cancelled it however what nobody mentioned was that I would lose any remaining subscription I have on my MS/Xbox account. I had a further 12 months remaining which has now completely disappeared and the BT 12 months has replaced it entirely.

This is now all I see:

SportiveUK_0-1647186452275.png

The future redemption codes that should still be listed (which run from September 2022 when my initial subscription runs out) can be seen below:

SportiveUK_1-1647186769040.png

So, how do I go about re-instating my lost paid for year? The MS site is useless and because this isn't covered by one of their pre-listed issues, it tells me there is no web chat or phone option I can use!

At the very least, there should have been a warning before accepting the redemption that it would wipe out existing subscriptions. Any thoughts would be appreciated and I am sure others are likely to fall into this trap.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: GamePass Deal: Erased my current subscription

Apologies I posted a new thread as scanning the other one most appeared to be about people being charged rather than my issue. Even my Gamepass App notes my subscription is managed by my service provider so even this seems slightly different to what others have experienced.

However having now read every page in detail, I can see it does also cover my issue so moderators feel free to delete this thread and I'll repost a summary in the main thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

What was the other thread with the information? Im in the same situation as you were in and looking for the answers.

Cheers 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi there,

I just seen this post. Did you find a resolution to this issue?

I recently just upgraded to the same but I had 3 years sitting there waiting to be used up. I though this would just be an addition to that as well.

Did you find out if it erased the previous account time?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

From my understanding, the BT codes take priority as you need to have an active account with BT, if you tried to stack them and leave BT, you would lose out, BT take over the payment side, each month Micrsoft bill BT and the credit is applied for the duration of the promotion (6 or 12 months).

Your previous codes should stack and then become active again once your BT offer ends or you cease it with BT, a live chat with Microsoft should confirm this and your existing passes should show paused.