cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

HD versus Full HD and more

Go to solution

I am nearing the end of my contract for EE TV and wanted to see if there was any way to reduce the cost before renewing. I have a couple of extras on the existing package I wanted to be sure were the most appropriate ones for my needs.

I have enquired about the difference between the Netflix basic package and the Standard Package and have been told there is no difference other than the number of screens that can be viewed simultaneously and that they were both HD.  HD is HD!

Despite not needing the ability to view two screens simultaneously I have been paying £4 a month extra for the standard package of Netflix because it boasted Full HD as opposed to just plain HD on the Basic package and I thought Full HD was a better fit for a 4K HDR TV. If they are both the same am I wasting my money?

ALSO…….

While I'm channelling my inner Martin Lewis can someone explain the difference between the two HD and 4K add-ons. There's one at £7.40 month and one at £6 month rolling contract. They both look the same other than the fact that the £6 one specifically mentions NOW TV channels yet the EE adviser indicated they both cover NOW TV channels.   My question is.....Why should anyone be on the £7.40 package? because I am!

I’m posting on here because I can't seem to get a definitive answer to these questions through online chat or telephone calls to BT and EE.

Can some wise person on the forum please answer these questions.

Thanks for reading.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: HD versus Full HD and more

Go to solution

Netflix basic is 720p and Netflix standard is 1080p so Standard is a higher resolution and the difference should be quite noticeable.

The HD 4K add on is for the wealth of 4K content that BT have (IE TNT Sport Ultimate) and HD on BT's channels. 

The HD Boost is specifically for HD on the NowTV (Sky) channels.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks NigelB72
You have confirmed what I suspected regarding the Netflix Basic and Standard so I'm not wasting money there.
On the other hand I only view Now TV so I will switch to the £6 version and save myself £1.40. Better in my pocket
Still confused that the description of them reads the same except that the cheaper one specifically mentions NOW TV. Why don't they just say this?
The people answering queries when you ring up should know this. Good job you're here with the answers. Thank you very much.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I suspect the addon has  been subjected  to  annual price increases if it was in place on your TV package on 31st March  each year. The £6 is I believe according  to the official price guide the standard  price.  I recommend  you raised a formal complaint.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

I thought 6 pounds a month gets you UHD and HD, for example I have Big Sport so for my 6 quid I get NowTV's boost package which gives 1080p and Surround Sound (plus extra device I think) along with the TNT Sports HD and the TNT Sports Ultimate channel.

In fact ive just pretended to be a new customer and that is still the same.

Where is this 7.40 one coming from?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks Zulu and Naylor
The options are offered side by side at the bottom of the page asking "Want any EE TV extras for more of the TV you love" This displays all the Sports and Cinema offerings as well .
In my case the £7.40 option is selected. When I started the contract I just wanted HD for Now TV. I had no idea there was a slightly cheaper alternative that was more appropriate to the package I have.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Oh right so youre an existing customer being offered addons to what you already have?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Hi Naylor. my contract is coming to an end and on checking I saw the two options. I just wanted to be sure I could change to the cheaper one and, in my case, nothing would change other than the price. I think all the contributors have given me the information I needed that I couldn't get answered anywhere else. Thanks everybody.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

It really  seems unreasonable  that you should be paying more (£7.40 you say)  than  the standard  price  for the 30 day addon. So I would recommend  that you raise it as a complaint particularly  as you have raised it with customer services  previously. 

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks Zulu. It's kind of you to take an interest. I will do as you say. The contract has been in place for nearly 24 months so it would be nice if BT refunded for this period. We will see. Thanks again.
0 Ratings