cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Have I been mis sold?

Go to solution

Hello. My wife and I ran our media business from home and had a bt business package for phone and email. We're retired now but kept with bt business because our work email address is also our personal email and it seemed too much of a hassle to change. Earlier this year BT Business called me and said they were moving customers onto Internet phones.  I said would it cost me more money and was told no so I agreed to the change. I've now got two cloud phones and my monthly bill has shot up from £57 a month to £137. I'm no longer in business and explained to the saleswoman that my wife and I are state pensioners who use our landline and upstairs extension occasionally and use broadband for domestic email, Internet and TV streaming. I've lodged a complaint but do I have grounds to terminate the contract and get something more suitable to our needs?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Have I been mis sold?

Go to solution

@ColinSykes 

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It seems to me that you may have been mis-sold but that is not my solution/advice.

Personally,  I would avoid linking different types of accounts with the same provider as if/when you change broadband provider you do not need to change your phone provider or vice versa.

To faciliate that I would open a VOIP Account with one of the many VoIP Providers that are available and I would choose a free local phone number with the new Voip Provider. - You can port your old phone number if you want to but there will be a fee for that and porting a phone number can end the broadband while ending your BT phone number should not.

Also, a new VoIP Phone Number of your choice should stop any nuisance calls as the solar panel sellers will not know your ne number.

There are many other VoIP Providers you just need to Google to find one you like.

Equipment wise an ATA or an N300a to enable access but your chosen VoIP Provider can advise.

Alternatively BT Digital Voice if it is available but it would not suit me as I prefer not to link different services.

If you were mis-sold you may be able to move to BT residential if that suited your needs.

Just alternatives, to consider.

Regards 

Perceptive.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks for the advice.

0 Ratings