cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Help - disconnected - "Sorry you're leaving..."

Hi, don't know if anyone can help but thought I'd ask! I received an email a couple of weeks back saying sorry you're leaving. Called BT the next day to confirm I had not asked to leave, and was offered a free upgrade from Fibre 100 to Fibre 500, and told that my service would remain. 

Checked on the order status about a week later and it was pending, with a note saying something along the lines of it was waiting for cancellation of the takeover from the other provider. 

Called BT again two days ago to ask what was happening, and was told the regrade had been done incorrectly, so the move to 500 needed to be cancelled and restarted. The regrade has been cancelled, but no sign of it being restarted. I was again reassured that my service would definitely not be disrupted.

On to today, and I've been cut off - not by coincidence on November 1st - the date the original "sorry you're leaving" email said the service would stop. Called again this morning at 8am as soon as the lines opened, went through a whole host of checks with the advisor and found that it should still be connected, but apparently there might be a fault of some sort - but the system was saying conflicting things she said. 

So today, I have no internet or phone. A mini hub is being sent and an engineer coming tomorrow - but, I have no internet today, and I work from home. My mobile reception as a hotspot is temperamental at best, and I'll burn a lot of data. 

Just hoping a mod might be able to pick this up and look into what's going on? Surely it doesn't need an engineer to physically sort out the problem? And as mentioned above, it can't be a coincidence that it all stopped working at about 1am on the day the original email said my service would stop. 

Can anyone help get me back online any faster?! Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Help - disconnected - "Sorry you're leaving..."

@simon_p 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators who are very busy at the moment, and could take a few days to look at the issue.

If the issue is not resolved tomorrow, then help may be offered.

Please keep this thread updated.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Understood @Keith_Beddoe - thanks.

By way of update, it's not going well... 

Engineer arrived yesterday and promptly said he was the wrong type of engineer so couldn't help. Phoned BT immediately after he left and they arranged an Openreach engineer for today. That engineer failed to keep the appointment. 

Called BT again and they tried to book another Openreach engineer for tomorrow. That appointment was apparently refused by Openreach who have said it may take 5 days to fix as they can't see the line on their systems or something. But BT can, so I don't really understand what is happening.

Still no Mini hub (due for delivery late afternoon) so eating up all my mobile (not BT/EE) data. There was also a note on mybt saying they were glad my internet was fixed and they'd be switching the mini hub data off soon (the hub I don't have yet, and my internet is most definitely not up and running). The customer service lady I spoke to today has kept her promise to call me back (unlike others) and I'm hopeful she will keep on top of it. 

If a mod is able to help, or speed things up, it would be appreciated. It may be over a week with no broadband or phone at this rate. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I will ask a moderator to help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @simon_p, thanks for the update and glad to hear you were contacted back as agreed even if the news wasn't good. 

I'm not sure what has gone wrong here but it sounds like the systems aren't aligned correctly. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thanks @JohnC2 - responded to your PM. Hopefully you guys can help and thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thank you @Keith_Beddoe 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Finally got the mini hub yesterday, and... it's rubbish!

4g only, and in my house the 4g signal is pretty poor. Tried placing it in all sorts of places and I can only get about 6mb download speeds. With my talk mobile phone as a hotspot, which just about gets 5g, I can get 80mb speeds, but I've nearly used up all my data.

Don't suppose anyone has any tips to improve the speeds of the mini hub?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @JohnC2, any idea if you guys can help? Got a call from someone yesterday as agreed but still no update on when the service will be back up and running. Apparently openreach are saying the line is not active for some reason, but bt say it is, so someone will investigate and call me back on Thursday.

Surely someone can just tell openreach to switch it back on and service can resume? It's been nearly a week now, and I've had to buy more mobile data so I can continue to work from home, but it's far from ideal.

Can anyone help, please?!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@simon_p 

if you replied to mod message then you are now in a queue of others waiting for mod assistance and as everyone considers their problem urgent the mods deal with problems in order received.  mods will reply when you reach top of queue 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings