cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Help with downgrading

Go to solution

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but I think this is a reasonably unique set of circumstances.

My mother upgraded her broadband package early last year due to my siblings moving in with her and they were in need of faster speeds due to working from home.

She's out of contract in January and wishes to downgrade her broadband and cancel her landline - she's on Full Fibre 900 just now and her monthly bill is approaching £80 a month which she now cannot afford if she's not getting contributions from kids.

She has phoned BT and not really got a satisfactory answer - Full Fibre 2 or Full Fibre 100 would easily be enough for her and would cut her bill significantly.

Is this a situation where she waits until she is nearer her contract end date where she could negotiate a better deal? Or is this a scenario where she should cancel and get a new contract with a new, cheaper deal?

Thanks, all.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Help with downgrading

Go to solution

You could try phoning the options team 0800800030 and see if they can help you change to broadband only with no ability to make/receive calls and. Hange package to fibre 2 or 100

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

She won't be able to downgrade until the end of the contract period without paying cancellation charges I'm afraid.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you! I'll tell her to give it a go.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks - she can last until the end of her contract.  Hopefully she'll get some more options at that point if @imjolly suggestion comes to nothing.

0 Ratings