cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Home Essentials and phone calls to the Irish Republic

Go to solution

I live in Northern Ireland and I am on the Home Essential Package and appreciate I get calls to any part of the UK as part of my package.  

However I would like to know if this applies to the Irish Republic, ie do people living in Northern Ireland, on the Home Essentials Package, get free calls to the Republic of Ireland.  I ask because sometimes the Republic and the North work together on social issues and accept the other parties arrangements 

I am registered as one your Permanent Impairments customers

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Essentials and phone calls to the Irish Republic

Go to solution

The package is quite clear that free calls are UK only so does not include Irish Republic

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I have to disagree on that, the price guide state that if you're in northern ireland calls to landlines in the republic are included but not mobiles -

* 500 and 700 minutes & Unlimited minutes: UK means calls to Local and National numbers beginning 01, 02, 03 and 05 and calls from Northern Ireland to landlines in the Republic of Ireland
and UK mobile numbers

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

emm!!   imjolly recons NO

Garybs29 says YES

As I've just switched to fibre where do I go to get the official answer

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@kah22 wrote:

As I've just switched to fibre where do I go to get the official answer

Oddly enough, the official price guide https://www.bt.com/landline/calling-costs/

Great news! Customers in Northern Ireland can also make local and national calls on their calling plan to landlines throughout Ireland (not to numbers beginning 818, 700, 83, 85, 86, 87 and 89).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @kah22 I can confirm that @garybs29's answer is correct. Page 22 on the Tariff guide confirms calls from Northern Ireland to landlines in the Republic of Ireland are included.

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks everyone for your replies
0 Ratings