cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Home essential

Hi, I’ve spent endless time talking to BT about getting the home essential plan, but they are saying on the generic system they use for claiming a tick comes up I’m not on the right benefit, I’ve had a letter from DWP to prove I am , but they don’t except that, I don’t know how by getting there information on you but it obviously is outdated and the customer service is quite rude when you explain and will not let you speak to anyone else that could help. I think it’s wrong that they won’t except paper evidence , I was even told well it will only save you £12 a month !!!, when your on a low income that’s a lot of money . 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home essential

the check is on NI number and that should show claimant and person in receipt of benefit is the same as the BT account holder.  there are a few posts where claimant is included with a partner and the actual payment is in the partners name and causes the check to fail

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Ordering-BT-Home-Essentials-package/m-p/2222491#M143442

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Account is in my name only, don’t know what system they need to check on your benefits but it’s definitely not right, I’ve been on ESA for 8yrs. Thank you for your reply.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Janebc 

There are some specific criteria for ESA , do you comply?:-

Employment and Support Allowance
You need to be receiving income-related Employment and Support Allowance to qualify for Home Essentials. People on contribution-based only ESA are not eligible. If you receive both income and contribution-based ESA, your income-based JSA must be higher.