cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Home essentials enquiry

Go to solution

I'm looking into switch to bt home essentials broadband and wondering if anyone can help with an enquiry.

Does home essentials come with digital voice? 

Because when I go through the normal board band option it comes up automatically with an option to select for a free advanced digital phone, but when I try to sign up for the home essentials package it doesn't come up about digital voice and there's no option for the free phones. 

How can I sign up for home essentials broadband with digital voice and get access to the free phones.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home essentials enquiry

Go to solution

I must admit reading the default BT page for Home Essentials it is rather unclear what is being provided in terms of landline offering.

Reading ISPReview page made things a little clearer - https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/06/bts-cheap-home-essentials-social-broadband-tariff-goes...

It appears that Landline and Broadband is being provided there is no mention of DV but I'd assume yes as it appears to be default offering for new service. As for the free digital voice handset I don't know but I believe that customer service will at least send a DV adapter that will convert a conventional landline handset into a DV unit.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It will depend if Digital Voice is available at your location. As far as I'm aware, it is not universally available just yet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Wheelz85 the guidance provided by @licquorice is correct and it hasn't been fully rolled out yet. 

You may have to sign up and wait until you're moved to digital voice in the future as the role out continues.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings