cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Home move temporary happy to keep paying but unsure how to proceed

Go to solution

We have to move out of current rented flat at end of month but we are still in the conveyancing process for our new flat, so we will be temporarily moving in with parents. I'm happy to keep paying for the contract but i'm unsure what to do about the change of address? Parents already have BT so don't want to change our account to their address. If i don't change the address what happens when someone else moves in here?

thanks. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home move temporary happy to keep paying but unsure how to proceed

Go to solution

If you do not move the account and keep paying for it the broadband will stay live and the new tenant will be able to use it and per chance they do anything illegal it will be recorded against your account.

It will also make it a bit more difficult when you do decide to move the account.

You could move it to your parents as a second line. This should have no bearing on your parents account and would allow you to keep the broadband for your use and you can do another home move to your new place when its ready.

If do decide to do that make sure that BT are fully aware that it is a second line and not you taking over the line that is already there.

If you don't want to do that the only other option is to close the account and pay any cancellation fees.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Home move temporary happy to keep paying but unsure how to proceed

Go to solution
Thank you for this. I wasn't aware of the second line option. I will explore that further and if not just cancel the account and pay the charges.

Many thanks!
0 Ratings