cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

House move

Good morning all, I feel this forum is my very last resort. Weeks before moving house I informed BT and was told that the property I was moving in to was Full Fibre. Would I like to change to this package? Yes  absolutely. I was quite pleased with the upgrade to the speeds and was informed of dates of installation ( estimated) 

That was the 28th of April. 

After many many phonecalls I was advised that due to the wait, a complaint had been put in and that I would get a call back the following day at 3pm. That was this week. No call. No message. I was sent the EE minihub, but sadly this is a bad area for 4G so I've basically been without usable Internet for weeks on end. I have no idea where to turn. I received a confirmation email from BT saying a complaint had been made and that's it. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Nik

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: House move

@Nik70 

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Please include any notes on that page.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

If FTTP is available ( and once it is available it’s the default network ) it’s not always the case that the final installation step is straightforward, as an example, with housing built in the 1960’s through to the end of the 1980’s , underground service was normal ( so no telegraph poles ) but the cables were DIG ( direct in the ground ) this means that it’s possible that although Openreach have equipment near by , it still requires ‘excavation’ from the equipment location to your house wall , this may need footpath closures , notice the council etc and it may be expensive, although that’s not the customers concern.
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Enter  your address here , the survey return may highlight the problem ( if there is one ) , it looks like this , ( this is a modern ducted property, so no complication, yours may differ )

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

The problem is once an area is FTTP  for new customers, they can’t use the old copper network , even as a short term measure until FTTP is provided, obviously your situation may not be as described, if it’s not like this perhaps you can give more details, like the type of house , area , if neighbours have FTTP etc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Hello, many thanks. I hope this is what you mean?

Address 3, CAMBORNE on Exchange CAMBORNE is served by Cabinet 28
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 1000Up to 220--Waiting List--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 13--7.5 to 17.5Available
Up to 13Up to 17.5 to 17.5Available
Up to 6.5--5.5 to 8Available
2----Available
2----Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability DateWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 13.0--7.5 to 17.5Available
Up to 6.5--5.5 to 8.0Available
Up to 2----Available
Other Offerings Availability Date
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
Y
N

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL availability: If shown at FTTP or SOGEA premises,ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules. CPs should order FTTP or SOGEA. Copper products are only available by exception.

Thank you for your interest

By submitting a query into this checker you accept Terms of Use for this checker.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

@Nik70 

As you can see, there is a waiting list for FTTP, so Openreach are still waiting to either provide, or increase the FTTP capacity.

Copper ADSL is available, but Openreach may not want to use it, resulting in failed orders for ADSL.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Thanks both for your help. So basically I'm stuck waiting? I realise that I was offered a new package by a BT employee, who couldn't have forseen this, so not sure what else I can do, apart from carrying on paying for a service I've not received!!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

What sort of speed are you getting with the 4G hub?

Is it faster that the 13Mbs that would be expected on ADSL?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

When Openreach set the FTTP dimensions for an area , all properties within that area are allocated a space , regardless of it ever being taken up or not , and a little extra capacity is included as well , as an example, using overhead , (you never posted your survey return so it’s not known what your address is , overhead or underground )  
Say a telegraph pole exists and could service a a maximum of 8 properties, although an 8 port ‘connector’ is available, a 12 port one is provided ,incase a  property ever had 2 services which could potential leave someone else wanting service but unable to get it ….. Openreach have a good take up rate ( compared to Alt Nets ) of around 30% on average , so to already have no capacity left presumably means not only has everyone taken OR FTTP that can get it  ( so no Virgin or Alt Nets have customers) but all ‘copper’ customers have switched already to FTTP and someone has more than 1 service …’waiting list’ on new sites is understandable but still rare  ( no copper and often no Alt Nets or Virgin ) but in ‘retro’ built areas  to show waiting list is very rare , but that’s no comfort to you, I’d be a little suspicious of what the checker is showing .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

I've just run a speed test twice.
Mbps download
Mbps upload
Ouch😔
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Thanks for all that information. I don't fully understand all of it but think i have a better idea which will help the next time I phone customer services..😁
0 Ratings