cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: House move

@Nik70 

You would be better asking BT to change your order to an ADSL connection, as it going to be much faster and quicker to provide. It does not appear to be restricted.

At a later date, if and when FTTP becomes available, then you can upgrade.

Unless there is an alternative provider, there is no other option.

Its worth checking what 4G coverage is on other providers, like Three.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Some more information about what is available.

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=24309&postcodeloc=10947&cabinet=P28

ADSL2 is available.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

That sounds like a very plausible solution. Much appreciated! I'll see what is said! Thank you!
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

You have cut and pasted the text from the checker and it’s presented in a not very ‘readable’ way , could you basically capture an image/photo  of the entire checker return, including the survey notes and attach that image here ? It will make it a lot easier to see what is and isn’t available.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Screenshot_20240614_131049_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240614_131057_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240614_131113_Chrome.jpg

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

I hope this is better. I've just come off the phone from BT who said they had spoken to OR. Apparently its not an option to revert back as the copper has been withdrawn from this area and that I will get a call before 24th June...that's all the info I have.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

I did not see any mention of copper withdrawal, but if its in an FTTP priority area, then FTTP would be the only option. That does not seem to be the case, perhaps BT do not want to place an order for ADSL?

There are many people in your situation, having to wait many months for a connection.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Thank you Keith, I don't think looking at the info it is a priority area. I'll wait and see what happens. Thanks again!!
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

You have cropped the image so the survey note is still note visible, it may help in determining if waiting list is the only issue or there are other factors.

As stated previously once FTTP is available ( presumably even if it’s waiting list , although AFAIK , that variation hasn’t arisen before as a query on here ) FTTP is the default network and orders have to be raised against that network, the copper network isn’t ’available’ in these cases , the only exception AFAIK, is if an existing customer orders FTTP at their current address and it turns out excess construction costs will be necessary, it’s possible for that customer to return to the legacy copper pair ,if the costs are unacceptable to the existing copper pair user, as you are a house mover this doesn’t apply to you , and it’s an ‘exception’ type order anyway, so very rarely used.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Hello and thank you for you invaluable information and suggestions. I though it only right to update this situation by saying that I had a text and email yesterday informing me that my full fibre is being installed next week. I feel this is due to the information I was given on here  that I then passed on to the BT team. So I would like to say a heartfelt thanks to @iniltous   and @Keith for your time. 🙂

0 Ratings