cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

How can I get someone to fix openreach records?

Go to solution

My flat is probably the most unlucky in the neighbourhood, everyone around me has got the full fibre to the premises option (900-1000mbit) but not my flat!

I suspect it might be an error with openreach when they registered the changes, because if I check the house that my flat is part of, it shows as FTTP available, but not the individual flat.

I have contacted BT 150 twice trying to ask to somehow order a re-check of this situation but I am ending up with a sales person who eventually tells me it is not available and talk to openreach directly.

Openreach I can't contact, I have not found a way to do so.

I called Zen (my old provider) to ask if they can provide this themselves and they suggested I ask BT for the fix.

What can I possibly do, how can I reach someone who knows how to fix this?

I feel like I can't get through to someone who has some sort of guidance.

here are the two results, one for the house/building itself and one for my flat

house-fibre.png

flat-no-fibre.png

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: How can I get someone to fix openreach records?

Go to solution

@tledakis 

Are you an existing BT broadband customer at your current address?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution
Hi Keith, yeah I am
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Call the FTTP helpdesk on 0800 587 4787. They should be able to place the order for you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe  thanks, is there a way to call this number and not end up in the regular "150" options loop? I get the same options as if I called 150

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Other people have said to keep trying the number until you get them.

It looks like you are on 80Mbs FTTC, so I would have thought that was more than adequate unless you have a very large household.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

every time I call the number I get the same options as if I called 150:

welcome to bt
if you're calling about your home phone or broadband press 1
for tv and sports press 2

and so on

If I press 1 I get to the regular options, for bills 1, for technical faults 2, upgrades 3, leaving 4, etc.

I have tried technical faults -> ended up in sales department -> we can offer you 70mbit + EE unlimted data sim which I didn't ask for

I have tried upgrading my line option -> sales again telling me they can't order openreach to fix it, and I should call openreach myself.

P.S. I have tried calling the FTTP hotline number from a different phone, only to ask me for which number I am calling for. If I provide the number of my BT connection, I get back to the loop above. If I don't provide a number, it hangs up after 1 minute.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

I’m not sure without getting your address as showing WBC FTTP available , you will be able to order FTTP service, and that requires OR to agree and show that FTTP is available to your individual address , depending on the exact circumstances, your flat may have been deliberately excluded if there are obvious issues with providing FTTP , such as third party permissions , wayleaves etc, from the building owner/freeholder , is yours a single flat , or are there other flats , if more than your flat , can the others order FTTP ?
There was / is a form on the OR website , along the lines of my neighbour can get FTTP , why can’t I , that gets OR to check if the address was incorrectly excluded, but that is Openreach directly.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

@iniltous thanks, the question is how can I get someone to actually tell me what is the problem, and if there is an engineer visit to let me know what it is I am happy to pay for that. Currently I have no way to actually get in touch with someone to book this.

I am pulling my hair as to why there is no way to contact someone that might have a shred of information.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution