cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 125

Re: How can I revert control of my Xbox account back to Microsoft?

For whatever reason my BT Gamespass 12 month never worked. So it's been on my existing Gamespass pass time (which I purchased pre BT) and now that has expired I want control back with MS. 

So to answer your questions @PaddyB  it never expired - so that method definitely isn't working. I just want management back of my account back where it belongs. With me.

0 Ratings
Message 122 of 125

From recent posts; it seems that this fiasco is still going on where instead of just supplying Game Pass Voucher Codes for BT customers to use. - BT are still taking over the management of Xbox Accounts when they take up the offer of a free year and those who are locked in after it is cancelled still need to go Cap in Hand to the moderators, on this board, to enable an escape from BT control over their Xbox Account. - What a farce !

For those who have not yet taken up the BT 12 months free Game Pass Offer there is a way to keep your main Xbox Account away from BT and still take up the free 12 months Game Pass Offer as follows:

(1). I let my main Xbox Account Game Pass expire before creating a completely separate Xbox Account on the same Xbox using a new, (Dummy email address and a new Xbox Character)

(2). Use this new dummy character to take up the free 12 Months Game Pass Offer.

(3). The result is that all xBox Characters on my main xBox can then access Game Pass Ultimate without my existing account needing a valid Game Pass and without the risk that my existing xBox Character could be highjacked by BT.

At the end of the free 12 months if control over the new Dummy Xbox Account does not revert from BT  to Microsoft it will not be a big deal as my main Xbox Account will never have left Microsoft control.

This does not help existing customers to avoid being locked in but it may help those who plan to take up the free 12 Months Game Pass Offer.

Message 123 of 125

Hi @nicholasjralph,

Thank you for posting back. Send me your details and I'll raise this with the Xbox Team. Once that's done it normally takes 5- 10 working days for the Xbox account to revert to Microsoft.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 125

I am also stuck with this situation where my 12 month deal expired (without autonew) and I would like back control.

Microsoft status is still with BT/EE despite service ending 24th April.

If a moderator can contact me via PM to advise who/how I can resolve this please. @PaddyB 

0 Ratings
Message 125 of 125

Hello, 

It looks like I'm having the same issue, auto renew off, no longer showing on my products page but still showing as controlled by BT/EE on Microsofts end. Would it be possible to get a PM to get the process started? 

Many thanks.

0 Ratings