cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

How do I close my Account.

Go to solution

Hi,

I've been with BT for a while, but can no longer afford it.

I want to close my account, but I can't find an email address to contact BT.

The Chat/Message service doesn't seem to be operational and I definitely don't want to spend an hour or so waiting for someone to answer the phone.

Can anyone help with an email address?

Regards,

Paul

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do I close my Account.

Go to solution

there is no email address to cancel your account and you need to phone 03301234150.  if you are still in fixed term contract then there will probably be early termination charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@pebbleridge13wrote:

I definitely don't want to spend an hour or so waiting for someone to answer the phone.

Just call, instead of posturing about "hour waits" I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I had a await that long when calling, been getting answered pretty much straightaway recently

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @pebbleridge13,

As others have mentioned, our lines should be quick to call at the moment.

If you would like our help closing the account, we can do this for you. I'll send you a private message so you have the option to message us. Please note, it can take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @pebbleridge13, thanks for getting in touch via PM. 

As you're moving to another provider on the Openreach network when they transfer the services over to them your BT account will close automatically.

Cheers

John

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, regarding Chat not working.

It didn't work for me via Chrome, but was ok via MS Edge.

It'll inform you to ring if you want to leave though - so they can make you an offer.  It can be much cheaper elsewhere though if you just want a basic service, so shop around if tempted.

0 Ratings