cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

How do I escalate my complaint beyond customer service operators

Go to solution

Upgraded to full fibre 21/04/24 Broadband failed to initiate. No broadband or land line. Complaint raised 24/02/24.

Now informed fault maybe resolved 15/03/24! Awarded £29 for Open reach failing to turn up for appointment. Monthly debit collected next day, ignoring credit on my account. Have compiled letter for Ofcom ombudsman and will submit if system not repaired by 15/03/24. Will also send copy to BT Management

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I escalate my complaint beyond customer service operators

Go to solution

@makula1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

Please see https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

The ombudsman will not get involved unless you receive a deadlock letter from BT, saying they are unable to fix the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for that Keith,

i have used that number on many occasions, all with a different solution. ' It's not a BT problem but Open reach', 'the fault is not Open reach but a network problem'  Five recorded faults came back as 'repaired' which it wasn't and a new fault was raised. I have had 46 texts from BT, various emails from Open reach cancelling engineer visits saying the problem is not theirs, one missed appointment with Open reach which I received compensation for. I was issued with a mini hub for internet access but no land line access. I am 75 and my wife is 74, her poor eyesight makes it very difficult to operate a mobile phone and i have the tech abilities of a dyslexic pebble, so it is a struggle, My main concern is the lack of communication. No one that I have spoken to can tell me what exactly is the problem. I am due a call tomorrow (15/03?24) but I am not holding out much hope. If the engineers can't fix it in 23 days, i fail to see how it can be done in 24 hrs! I have accessed the ombudsman's web site and am aware of the conditions required prior to lodging a complaint. Until then i am stuck! 

Thanks again for the reply

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to post here.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

The ombudsman will not get involved unless you receive a deadlock letter from BT

or 56 days/8 weeks has passed since the complaint was raised, only then can you contact the Ombudsman for help as it's deemed you gave time to resolve and it's still not.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @makula1,

Thank you for posting. If you send me your information, I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Keith,

some one somewhere must know what's going on. I'll take any help I can get. 

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You have an offer of help, just respond privately to @PaddyB 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Deep Joy! I am now at one with the universe, thanks mainly to the sterling work by BT's Claire (executive complaints manager} Internet restored, phone line restored and compo paid. Thanks to everyone who replied with offers of help, especially again to Claire.