cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

How do you leave BT on your contracted date?

Go to solution

Not sure if anyone know the answer or can advise?? ...I've contacted BT 4 times to give my 30 days notice period so my contact will end on the contracted date which I though I needed to do.

As I'm leaving the support is all over the place, one person from web chat would not answer any of my questions but did  say I would need to call the Loyalty team 30 days before without any termination charges.

Everyone I have spoken to does not seem to understand I just want to give my notice period so my contract will end on the contracted date. I will not be keeping to using the Landline or Broadband line as I will be switching over to Mobile Broadband which offers faster speeds at a competitive price.

Why is this so hard or complicated to leave BT?

Today I spoke to someone on the Team and even though I said I just want to give my 30 days notice period for when my contract ends on the contracted day. They started saying I would be charged x amount, I asked why and had to repeat myself.

He then said to call up 1 day before your contract ends?? ...I questioned what I was told over web chat and he just dismissed it and repeated what he said. Basically when I said I will not be renewing with BT he lost interest very quick and would not help any further. I tried to call the complaints number but there is no option for complaints??

Why is is so hard to end you contract on the agreed end of contracted date? ...support don't care and refuse to give any straight answers so I just end up in circles. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: How do you leave BT on your contracted date?

Go to solution

Hi @iQue,

I am so sorry that we haven't placed the order to cancel your services in advance yet.

This should have been done when you asked us, they should not have told you to contact back on the day before. I'm sending you a private message so I can get this done for you.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do you leave BT on your contracted date?

Go to solution

Hi @iQue, thanks for getting in touch. I can confirm that the order to stop your service is on your account and this is after the 30 days notice period so you won't incur any additional costs.

Cheers

John