cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How long to get a landline

Hi there - does anyone know how long it takes to get a landline installed.  It’s been about 5 weeks since I ordered.  BT have been lovely on the phone but can’t tell what the hold up is so I’m not sure how long it’s going to take?  If it’s just another week or so that’s fine but I’m just not sure if this will take months.  I work from home so it’s pretty stressful without a landline (and broadband)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How long to get a landline

Asking how long to get a landline is like asking how long is a piece of string , 

Has the property ever had ‘BT’ service in the past ?, is the property surrounded by other property  that do have ‘BT’ type service or is it a remote building far away from its nearest neighbours ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi there - it’s not had BT before (it’s a new build) but there is a BT man hole cover right in the middle of the 5 new houses on the development so I think that means there is a line to the properties.  It’s on a residential street who all have phones and broadbands.  I’m just not sure what the hold up is so I don’t know how long I’ll be waiting?!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Are the other 4 homes connected to phone line and have broadband?  Are they using openreach?

Are there any openreach phone sockets fitted as standard in your home or are the home already set up for fibre broadband?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings