cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 41

Re: Unzipping my bill

Not from BT there wasn't.

Sounds very fishy.

Was this in an email supposedly from BT?

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 41

Yes it was from BT and they resolved the issue today by sending two unzipped pdf files.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 41

@artbennett 

BT do not email bills, they have to be downloaded via MyBT. I would suspect someone is pretending to be BT, and you may now have something unwanted on your computer, or you have been directed to a fake website.

Zip files are often used to hide spyware.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 41

It would appear that I am unable to send you a screen shot of the incoming mail or the attached zip file but I can assure you that I received a zip file yesterday via email and the unzipped pdf files today also via email.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 41

Did you request the bills to be emailed?

As @Keith_Beddoe says, BT do not email bills and certainly not zipped.

Are you 100% sure the emails are from BT?

Are you a business customer or residential?

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 41

Then it may have appeared to come from BT, but the address was spoofed, and if you look at the email headers, you will see the true origin of the email.

Its very easy to spoof an email address, and its probably the most common way computers get compromised.

Message 37 of 41

Re: How to download a bill?

We have exactly the same issue - we are unable to download a PDF of any of our bills.

I used the online chat a couple of days ago and they said it was a known error - but should be fixed in a few hours.

We are now 3 days later and still waiting for a fix

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 41

I am also having the same issue with the Error 404 - Not found.

Has anyone spoke with BT about when this will be resolved?

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 41

Seems to have been fixed in the last few minutes, at least for me.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 41

Re: Unable to download Bill - 404 error message

Hi @DavidM 👋
I tried again tonight and it downloaded straight away......YAY!!
I'm not sure why I couldn't do it last week as nothing has changed on my laptop with regards to settings / cookies / search engine etc between then and now and I've never had a problem before 😕
Ta kindly x x