cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

I know this is not a direct BT question and more of an OpenReach query but I cant seem to get FTTC

Go to solution

OK so I cant seem to find any direct Openreach forums to help

When I search on OReach for superfast fibre broadband, it says yes and gives us about sixty providers but when I try to sign up for our new home every one states that we can only get five  eight mbs. The estate was built 9 years ago and is in a large town, so this is a mystery. We currently live in village and can get FTTC at get 27mbs

The property. Is a flat but ha6 a direct  address such as 49 queens Ed. Inside it has two satellite sockets and 5 phone sockets with an Open Reach master MC 5 socket.

I am certain  that  we can get at least fttc but don't know how to check or who to ring. It appears that none of the services offered have any packages available to the operators when we ring 

Thanks pa sorry if I should  post this somewhere else

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: I know this is not a direct BT question and more of an OpenReach query but I cant seem to get FT

Go to solution

It's probably because the cabinet is at full capacity and doesn't have any spare ports.

Message 3 of 28

Re: I know this is not a direct BT question and more of an OpenReach query but I cant seem to get FT

Go to solution
Is there anyway I can find out where the cabinet is? And who I can talk to get extra ports fitted if this is the case

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

Put the address in the checker and it will either say available or waiting list against VDSL.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If it says waiting list, the cabinet is full and there are no spare ports. There is no way you can get extra ports added, you have to rely on someone ceasing their service and freeing up a port.

Message 5 of 28

Go to solution
Also I dont know the previous phone number for the property and I suspect that if I did it might make it easier to get FTTC. Is there anyway of finding out?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

knowing the previous phone number will not help you get FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution
I wish I could download that data. It seems that FTTP is available?

Any ideas:
Address 49, CREWECERNE on Exchange CREWKERNE is served by Cabinet 7
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) help 75.4 53.9 20 14.2 46.7 Waiting list Waiting list
VDSL Range B (Impacted) help 73.8 49 20 12.7 40 Waiting list Waiting list
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 50 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 11 -- 6.5 to 15 Available
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 11 Up to 1 6.5 to 15 Available
ADSL Max Up to 6 -- 5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date
WBC SOADSL 2+ Up to 11 -- 6.5 to 15 --
SOADSL Max Up to 6 -- 6.5 to 15 --
SOADSL Fixed Rate Up to 2 -- 5 to 8 --
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
Exchange Product Restrictions Status
FTTP Priority Exchange N
WLR Withdrawal N
SOADSL Restriction Y
FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available. However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

FTTP isn't available to you, FTTPod is a business product that costs tens of thousands of pounds.

Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

As already stated, FTTC is available but waiting list , FTTP isn’t ( FTTPod is something different) , if the address you are moving into has FTTC already , when they advise their ISP to cease their service ( when they about to move out ) the cabinet/ FTTC  ‘waiting list’ can change to  ‘available’ because there is now a spare port , obviously a FTTC cabinet that is close to capacity will move between ‘waiting list’  and ‘available’ as people join , and leave , you need to keep tabs on this and when ‘available’ get an order in quickly , as someone else may also be waiting to get onto FTTC 

Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks for the answer

How do I join the waiting list? I was wondering if I knew the phone number for the property the port might still be available. If the waiting list is just any of the sixty or so providers that OpenReach say can provide superfast broadband then which one should we try? BT or one of the providers that say they can give us copper at five mbs and then hope they can upgrade us.

Or not  sign up for a  copper service  and just keep running through all the fttc services every day until one says yes? Would  one of the biggies such as BT get availability  First?

Thanks

0 Ratings