cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: I know this is not a direct BT question and more of an OpenReach query but I cant seem to get FT

Go to solution

There is no waiting list. It is jjust a term that is used.

You just need to keep checking.

BT get no preference over other providers. It is just luck as to which provider places the order first when a port becomes available.

Message 12 of 28

Re: I know this is not a direct BT question and more of an OpenReach query but I cant seem to get FT

Go to solution

There isn’t really a waiting list as such , you don’t join it and work your way to the front of the queue, it’s first come first served, so keeping watch on the tracker is advisable.

If you know the existing phone number it would only help if it were BT or a Telco  that used ‘BT’ for its service ,( that doesn’t include the big players like Sky Talk Talk etc,)  and all it would really do is give a better indication of the speed likely ( as opposed to using the address option to check speed ) , as long as the existing occupants have a working Openreach service that is made a ‘stop’ rather than ‘cease’ ,when they advise their provider they are moving out , any Telco ( including the one they use ) should be able to take over the ‘line’ so no installation visit should be needed .

There is no priority list , all providers have identical access , and TBH , rather than check individual ISP checkers , keep an eye on the ‘wholesale’  checker , that indicates the equipment as available not individual ISP availability, once it shows ‘available’ , use the provider of your choice .

Often it’s the case that if the FTTC cabinet is at capacity, ISP will put you on ADSL as an interim measure but how they spot when to upgrade you to FTTC is a bit of a mystery but presumably there is a process, if you want to use online ordering ( rather than speaking to them ) chances are it just won’t offer FTTC and if you take ADSL on that basis , you probably wouldn’t be automatically offered an upgrade 

Message 13 of 28

Go to solution
Thanks

Is it better to sign up for **bleep** copper service and hope they offer an upgrade or just keep checking on a weekly basis with multiple providers?
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

When we moved to our new build house, the only option available was ADSL.  We signed up with an ISP that offered a rolling 1-month contract.  It was a little more per month, but it did allow us to jump ship as soon as VDSL became available.  Which we did.  Due to the lack of capacity in the cabinet, not all of our neighbours even managed this, and there are still a few on mobile network-based internet (not bad at peak 120Mbps indoors but very variable).

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

As already stated, don't check with ISPs, use the wholesale checker.

You may as well sign up for ADSL with your chosen supplier and then upgrade to VDSL if a port becomes available, as long as you stay with the same ISP, there will be no cancellation fees for the ADSL service .

Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

How did you. Know  when  to  jump  ship? As there are no  waiting  lists

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

I'm going back 6 years.  The small ISP we'd signed up with, was not interested in enabling us to upgrade to VDSL2 even though they offered this service on their website.  So when VDSL became available we switched to Vodafone - doesn't sound so good now I've said it...

You jump ship, when you check online and someone is offering you the ability to switch to VDSL!  The waiting lists exist, but they're just to get a landline, once you have a landline, you still may not be able to get VDSL.  My inlaws, on a main road in a conurbation in the North East are still on ADSL - not from choice!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

Great  I take it you mean  btbroadband.whlosale.com

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

The link for the wholesale checker is already posted but it’s 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Message 20 of 28

Go to solution
Not quite finished here. OK does anyone know of a copper service that does month by month service? I have tried Directsave Telecom but it keeps saying 12 months. Which we do not want as we might have to swap when a port becomes available
0 Ratings