cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: I know this is not a direct BT question and more of an OpenReach query but I cant seem to get FT

Go to solution

If you are stuck on ADSL with BT, then as soon as a port becomes available you simply regrade to FTTC. That option is normally available and is often promoted. A new 24 month contract would appy.

Message 22 of 28

Re: I know this is not a direct BT question and more of an OpenReach query but I cant seem to get FT

Go to solution

I've mentioned inlaws only have ADSL, they're on notice that they'll be automatically upgraded to VDSL2 and moved to Digital Voice as soon as VDSL2 is available to them.  As the estate here (less than a mile away from them) is being moved to FTTP only by the end of this year, I assume there may be some reprovisioning of equipment going on!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution
Sorry everyone but just received a random Vodaphone letter to my new address. I ripped it open and it states that fibre is available and is being offered, although the BT wholesale checker is stating waiting list

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

They are lying, try ordering.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

They are lying, try ordering.

Not necessarily, they use cityfibre infrastructure too

Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

For FTTC?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

No but all he states is a letter doesn't say if it's FTTC or FTTP,. Just not making any assumptions that's all

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

I am still unsolved on this matter

We waited and our neighbours moved out so I jumped on a comparison website and choose Shell Energy FTTC and it worked, we could sign up for FTTC

Unfortunately we registered and paid at 9.00am but shell didn't put the order through until 11.00pm and by them we missed the port. Now the bt wholesale website is stating "Unavailable" and that:

ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules.

So there is a stop sell on the exchange which I can only assume means that it is waiting to be ungraded. We have a housing estate being built right down the road, so they will need to use the same cabinet

Any ideas? I am thinking about Elon Musks Star Link

0 Ratings