cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

In relation to my last post (House Move)

Go to solution

Posted this in my original topic but repeating it here since I thought my original question had been solved and it doesn't get noticed

Solved: House move - BT Community

Re: House move
Sorry to bring this up, but I got this in an email today...

I asked for my connection at my current address to be stopped tomorrow, 18th, the day I move.

The email states

Your broadband start date is changing from 28-Sep-2023 to 28-Sep-2023.
Your broadband service will now stop on 21-Sep-2023.

Does that mean if someone(ie the buyer) moves in after I leave tomorrow they can use my broadband connection?

Not that I'm suggesting they would be up to anything they shouldn't, but I'm not sure I like the sound of them using the connection I'll still be paying for.

Or am I reading this wrong?

Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: In relation to my last post (House Move)

Go to solution

Presumably you will be taking your BT router with you so there would be no obvious ‘live’ broadband for the new occupants to use , if they intended to use an Openreach based provider themselves you may have received notification along  the lines of ‘somebody has asked to takeover your line’ , if you haven’t presumably the new occupants are either using a different network ( Virgin , Alt Net ) or using mobiles only , or perhaps are not intending to set up broadband the moment they move in , so although it’s technically possible that the could move in , have  BT router or a router they could enter the BT credentials into and use and speculatively connect up to  your connection for a few days , but it highly unlikely.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I will be taking the Smart Hub. I don't take the ONT do I?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

No, definitely not.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ok, no problem.

Just the Smart Hub then 🙂

0 Ratings