cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Incorrect Contract End Date

Go to solution

Hi All,

I've just noticed that my contract end date on my bill is saying June 2024 however my service that I took out from BT started on the 23rd of Feb 2022 and was a 24 month Contract.

I think I know what's happened as when I moved into the property (a new build), for the first 3-4 months I kept getting requests from someone else to take over the line and this essentially kept sending through cancellation notices to BT as there was a conflict of IDs on the open reach network on the new development this was a complete nightmare to deal with and on a few occasions BT failed to notify me of a pending cancellation and some occasions I did actually lose my connection. 

I suspect due to the above, they've simply just re-set me up but didn't change the contract date. Is there a chance BT will honor my actual contract end date? I've had numerous complaints off the back of the above logged with BT, even going through the omsbudman which are all obviously saved however I personally feel its somewhat unfair to have contract end date different to when I actually took out the service. Long story short I wish to end at the contract end because of non stop issues with BT and their shocking customer service.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incorrect Contract End Date

Go to solution

Hi, @Hewinb welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry your contract end date is incorrect. It does sound like a new contract was started when your service was incorrectly stopped by the takeover requests. In this instance, as it was through no fault of your own I can't see why we wouldn't honour the original contract end date and I'll be happy to get this looked into.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details and the moderation team will be happy to assist.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Hewinb, I called yesterday and sorry I missed you. Please check the PM I sent you and reply back to me.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Hewinb, thanks for getting back to me and glad it's fixed now.

cheers

John