cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Installation issues with Broadband.

Go to solution

I had an appointment on 05/03/24 to install new BT Broadband. The engineer could not fit the cable due to blockages in the trunking. This was referred back to Openreach, who called three times on Wednesday but not at a suitable time for me to answer due to work. I can only access a recorded message telling me the number cannot be called or answered, but Openreach would continue calling to arrange a new appointment. Since then, nothing!

What needs to happen to solve this impasse as we need the new broadband installed asap?

Not happy with the service so far, doesn’t bode well!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Installation issues with Broadband.

Go to solution

@NickGay1962 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

What date has BT Retail given you for the activation of your broadband package?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Not sure what you think where the current failure is , if the duct to your home is blocked ( unknowable until the actual installation is attempted ) , when the OR team ( contractor or direct labour ) call to arrange repairs,  potentially requiring excavation on your property ,  a ‘permission to dig’ agreement is required, but when they call to arrange that , due to work commitments you are unavailable to provide it ( after all you may have a opinion on where an excavation can take place and where it cannot , for example if the blockage were under a decorative concrete driveway, you may refuse the excavation as it woukd leave a scar in the surface ….in those circumstances, what would you expect then to do ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It was all supposed to be installed by Openreach on the 5th. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@NickGay1962 

At least you now know what the reason for the delay is, as @iniltous has explained, they may have to dig. You will need to be available to give permission.

There is nothing BT Retail, or any other provider can do. You can ask BT for the loan of an EE 4G mini hub, provided you have a reasonable 4G signal.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The local subcontracted engineer tried to install the cable, but the trunking is blocked. He’s gone back to Openreach to get somebody to call me to arrange an Openreach engineer’s visit to sort the issue. Openreach called three times. I couldn’t answer because I work for a living. I cannot contact Openreach on the number they rang on. Openreach have stopped calling. BT are so far not contacting me either. I can’t even get a cable fitted, let alone a complete installation, and, it appears, I’ve been hung out to dry. I don’t even know where to start to get this sorted, and, to be honest, it shouldn’t even be my bloody responsibility!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

You can just sit back and hope someone contacts you - eventually or you can phone CS 03301234150 tomorrow and they should be able to help you and may as @Keith_Beddoe  loan you 4g modem so you can get online

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.