cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

International Student Inquiry: BT Broadband Early Termination Fees and Suitable Plans

Hi everyone,

I am an international student currently studying in the UK. As my studies are coming to an end, I have about 6 months left until graduation.

I understand that there are early termination fees if I end my 12-month BT broadband contract early, but I would like to know the specific amount I would need to pay if I only use the service for 6 months. Are there any short-term contracts or other solutions that BT offers which would be more suitable for my situation?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: International Student Inquiry: BT Broadband Early Termination Fees and Suitable Plans

Termination fees are normally the total monthly payments up until the end of your contract.

So if you have say 6 months to pay at £30 per month, it will be £180 for the termination fee.

I hope this helps

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: International Student Inquiry: BT Broadband Early Termination Fees and Suitable Plans

On a side note, BT contracts are usually 24 month contracts not 12, you will need to sign into MYBT to see when your contract ends.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@djjohhnyjetson 

you can get a 12 month student contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.