cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Internet cancelled without permission

Today our internet went off. After trying to reset it I contacted BT.

it took 90 minutes on the phone to find out that we had been disconnected as requested by Vodafone???

I didn’t ask for this and have never used Vodafone. It can be resolved but I’m shocked we have to wait until 5/7/22 to be reconnected!! 

My husband is a lawyer and working from home and all they could offer us is a new hun as a temporary measure at a cost of £7.

I have never received any email to confirm the disconnection and upset as we are unable to watch the cricket or tv ….. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet cancelled without permission

@Girlie21uk 

Its more likely that someone requested service from Vodaphone, and gave your address by mistake. This can happen in apartment blocks if people give the wrong apartment number.

You should have received notification from BT that someone wanted to takeover your line. There was a number to call to stop that happening.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I live in a private house and never received any warning or email.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Girlie21uk and welcome to our community.

I'm really sorry your line has been taken over without your consent. It's unusual you didn't receive any notification about this as @Keith_Beddoe mentioned. If there is an order to bring you back to us there might not be anything further we can do but I'll drop you over a private message now if you need to get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings