cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Internet hasn’t been turned on.

I recently moved to a new build, openreach came out and installed all the infrastructure in the property and we still do not have internet. I have rang BT multiple times and I still have no update no one seems to have any answers is there anything I can do to get my internet up and running 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Internet hasn’t been turned on.

@Baileyowens661 

if you have ordered FTTP from BT Retail - fibre to the home - then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you.  have serial number of the ONT (fibre modem) handy

if redirected to CS then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

I have rang multiple times and no one seems to be able to help the keep offering new hubs but this isn’t the issue - they keep saying they are waiting for an update from open reach but they keep saying give it 48 hours this is going on a month ! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Are you phoning FTTP TEAM and not customer services?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

What is the FTTP team ? I’ve just been ringing the bt number online 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@Baileyowens661wrote:

What is the FTTP team ? I’ve just been ringing the bt number online 

See meeage 2.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

What lights are lit on the ONT ?, if the LOS ( Loss of signal ) is lit , then the physical fibre infrastructure is incomplete, if the PON light is flashing then the physical fibre is through to the OLT ( headend equipment ) but the ONT is not authenticated and allowed onto the PON , if the PON light is steady then unless there is some sort of cable link (EBCL) or backhaul issue , your connection should be good to go , it just needs an ISP to order service in the appropriate way.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

The power light is steady and the PON is steady 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

If you are using BT as your ISP then phone FTTP TEAM

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

AFAIR, there was a similar post on here or another forum of a BT customer, with the same sort of issue, the status of the ONT , ( steady PON ) the same , and the explanation of the FTTP customer service reps , for the delay in actually getting online , was down to , as BT Consumer put it , ‘BT wholesale’ , this suggested that is the interconnection between the Openreach OLT and the ISP (BT)  ‘backhaul’ , much like your situation , it appears that the downstream link between the OLT and the ONT is fine ( as signified by the steady PON light ) , but the upstream link from  the OLT to the ‘internet’ is either incomplete or awaiting configuration ( via your ISP )  to allow you access .

0 Ratings