cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Is Home Essentials a worse service?

Go to solution

I just discovered I'm eligible for the Home Essentials package as I'm on UC and I'm wondering if it's a compromised service because it's cheaper? I would be interested in the £20 package. I'm currently on Unlimited Fibre 1. Also I just received a new router as I've been having issues, so would I still need to pay £10 for another one? (Seems a bit wasteful).

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is Home Essentials a worse service?

Go to solution

AFAIK, ‘Essentials’ is a 40Mb/10Mb service , so if you currently get speeds better than that, then is it ‘worse’, ( if worse means slower ) , if you are on Fibre 1 , and getting the max 55Mb then obviously 40 is ‘worse’, although arguably in most situations the difference would be hardly noticeable ….if you don’t have a SH2 then the change of router will also be required should DV ( digital voice ) be provided at some point , even if you don’t currently have DV now, it makes the connection DV ready.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@iniltous 

it is not the broadband essentials 40/10mb package but the home essentials package which superseded BT Basic package

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@SteveBBwrote:

I'm wondering if it's a compromised service because it's cheaper?

No, it's basically Essential broadband (40/10 like @iniltous mentioned), line rental and unlimited calls to UK landlines and Uk mobiles.
For £5 extra (£20 in total) you get the 80/20 SLT which is upto 80 mbps down and 10 mbps upload) plus line rental and unlimited minutes.

@SteveBBwrote:

Also I just received a new router as I've been having issues, so would I still need to pay £10 for another one? (Seems a bit wasteful).

It would be wasteful but as an existing customer you won't need a new hub and the system will detect this, so you won't be sent one or need to pay the £9.99 postage.

0 Ratings