cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Is there already a phone line in a property or do BT have to physically install the line?

Go to solution
I suppose what I am trying to do is to understand how long it will take. As it appears very hard to get any idea. So my reasoning is, that if all the infrastructure is in place - ie cabling - and it is just a matter of flicking a switch, it may not take so long. Otherwise we will be without a phone/broadband as the area does not have good BT coverage for the free wifi. So that is what the issue is.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Is there already a phone line in a property or do BT have to physically install the line?

Go to solution

Hi @keithp,

Thank you for posting. Your best bet would be to place an order. Once the order is in place and all the checks are done you'll get a better indication of how long that activation will take.

I suspect that you'll need an engineer if there hasn't been a working service at that address in the last 17 years. Depending on the engineer's availability you should be able to get an appointment in around 2 weeks of the order being placed.

All of that is a best guess, the only way we will know for sure is when the order is placed.

Thanks,

Paddy