cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Issue with HD bolt-on

Go to solution

The following issue has been reported to BT through social media. They were unable to rectify so have opened a ticket but I was wondering if anyone on here could shed some light on it too.

I recently moved house and wanted to transfer all packages across to my new build address.

Old address packages: Fibre 2 broadband, Big Sport TV and HD bolt on.

New address packages: Full Fibre 500, Big Sport TV and HD bolt on. (New Smart Hub 2 was sent to property)

Unfortunately I have now lost access to any Sky Sports HD channels as it says it is not included in my package. BT say the add on is showing on my account (£6/month) but I still can't watch Sky Sports HD channels. The BT Sport HD channels work fine. One other thing is on myBT app, it shows the add on as 'HD extra' under managing add ons.

I have tried a factory reset of the BT box, turning off router etc but to no avail.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Issue with HD bolt-on

Go to solution

You also need to add NowTV HD Boost. HD add on will give you HD on BT Sport, HD Boost is for NowTV. You should only be charged once but need both. It sounds like that part of the order has been missed off.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @jackralston 

Looks like a straightforward error in setting up the service at your new location.

The HD  (or HD and 4K) addon to the Big Sport TV package should give you the   EPG HD  Sky Sport linear channels on your BT TV box.

Taking that addon with that package should also give you NOW boost  which applies to the content accessed by the NOW app . ( that provides upto HD quality on the Now app and increases the number of devices that you can watch subscribed NOW content on).   If you access the NOW app and look in the settings under My Account you should see that you have both a NOW SPorts Membership and a NOW Boost both showing as Active Membership (billed by BT).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for your responses @NigelB72 @zulu17

So I looked on the nowTV app and it is indeed only showing 'NOW Sports Month Membership (Billed by BT)'. In which case do I need to manually add the NOW HD boost myself through the nowTV app or my BT box? 

Just to make sure, if I add the NOW boost will I get charged the additional £6/month which now totals £12/month as I have HD bolt on through BT? I have seen on other topics that BT will only charge you for one which is obviously what I would like!

I have contacted BT on social media to suggest this could be the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

It is a BT error. 

I do not recommend  you attempting to order the Now Boost  as that may simply confuse the BT systems. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Ok, I have contacted BT via Twitter and pointed this out so hopefully they will add on the now boost.

Fingers crossed an update soon. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

It seems whatever the issue is, it cannot be resolved and has now been sent 'offline' for further investigation. The HD bolt on has been removed from my account for now. Expecting an update in a few days.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi  @jackralston ,

Given that the issue seemed to be the bolt on to the Big Sport TV package  rather than the package itself it ought to be very straightforward for correct boltons to be applied if BT have removed the incomplete set. Have you received any update yet on the progress ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Morning @zulu17 ,

Still no update I'm afraid. I assumed it would be easy too, simply add the HD bolt on again and sync with now boost. 

Bit concerning it is taking this long. There is an open order on myBT app I can spot which shows adding big sport package back on from 2 days ago but it shows as 'pending'.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Update @zulu17

There is still no progress. Have been told that I would expect an update today but still nothing. Very concerned now considering they did the package move between addresses on 24th March and it's not been working since then (yes, I only figured it out/reported on 1st April). 

HD bolt on or NOW boost still have not been added.

0 Ratings