cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Issues setting up broadband in new apartment

Go to solution

Hello,

I've found myself in quite a strange scenario, but I'm not too sure where to go for advice on this

I moved into my a rented apartment on the 2nd October. I've been trying to set up a broadband package with Plusnet since the 2nd, but there's been a series of delays/ cancellations because of issues with their suppliers. I believe it may have something to do with my line already being active with another ISP. My landlord has confirmed that the previous tenant has closed out her broadband contract with the property

Anyway, the reason why I'm addressing this here is because I've just been given a parcel containing an EE/BT broadband + phone + home TV package. It's under my address, but named for a Mr P.W (I won't give out the full name). Mr P.W has never lived here also - confirmed by my landlord. I'm just trying to piece things together. Could this be some sort of fraud or scam from this Mr P.W? Or could he have simply accidentally sent it all to the wrong address? I'm not sure if this is me thinking too much about it, but his parcel was actually sent at the end of August. This is around the time that my apartment would've been advertised on Right Move. So if this is some sort of scam, could he have just taken a random address from Right Move? (Note that I've only just received this parcel because Roya Mail handed it to the barbers downstairs in August, of which have only just given it to me thinking I'm Mr P.W)

I've sent the parcel back to EE. But this won't solve my Plusnet issue, of which is probably irrelevant to this community anyway

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Issues setting up broadband in new apartment

Go to solution

@rtf3 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Sending the stuff back to EE was the right thing to do, as someone must have given the wrong address by mistake while applying for service, which is why you are having issues with PlusNet.

This often happens with apartments/flats where the wrong number is selected from a dropdown list.

It would be best if you posted on the PlusNet forum for more advice.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Forum/ct-p/Forum

BT/EE would not be able to divulge the details of the wrong order.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Issues setting up broadband in new apartment

Go to solution
Thanks Keith!

Re: Plusnet, I'm thankfully in good hands with them at the moment. Communication between us is flowing quite nicely. I wasn't 100% honest in my original post, for simplicity. But I originally tried to set up broadband with Now TV and had the exact same issues. I just stopped trying with them because their customer service was frustratingly bad. It seems more like an Openreach issue than any ISPs. Just got to wait it out with my slow mobile phone hotspot for now!

Thanks again
0 Ratings