Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Just a question about TV packages

Go to solution

Hi There,

I am just wanting to clarify something.

I thought I was coming to the end of my contract around July this year( I have Big Entertainment with Fibre 1) and I contacted them to find out the date. They came back and told me that since I have changed my TV package last October I need to wait until October 2023 to change anything without renewing again. Is this right? 

I had been under the impression that changing TV packages didn't alter your contract as I have done it previously, i.e. extra when I am on annual leave, Christmas etc.

I had been considering (only considering, no decision made) to take only the bare minimum TV (or none at all) as I mostly watch catchup, Netflix or Prime these days and ditch the multi-room for a Freesat in my bedroom, as well as get rid of my landline, which I don't use. I think I can do that now?

I intend to keep broadband with BT.

Just wondering, any suggestions are welcome, thanks 🙂 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Just a question about TV packages

Go to solution

@MagsFwrote:

I had been under the impression that changing TV packages didn't alter your contract as I have done it previously, i.e. extra when I am on annual leave, Christmas etc.

That depends on what you selected, if you swapped plans at standard rate that won't impact your minimum term, if you opted to swap with a discounted offer, they will come with a new 24 month term, if done via BT.com it will inform you when you raised the order and then send an email or letter to confirm.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Just a question about TV packages

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply @Richie.
I changed to Big Entertainment via BT.com and I have now tracked down my email:
'Your TV service will start before 23:59 on: 28 Oct 2021

You'll stay on your current contract, which started on 24 Jul 2020 and is for 24 months) '
So that seems to confirm my thoughts. Should have done a search of my emails in the first place! 🙂

Mags
0 Ratings