cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Landline account cancelled for not paying bills -- but I have a Direct Debit

Colour me surprised when I picked up my landline (needed because I'm in a remote area with little mobile signal) today to get a recorded message saying my service has been cut off because I've not paid my bills.  But, I think to myself, I have a direct debit and every month when I'd check online it would say I had nothing to pay, so I thought everything was fine.

Now I try to call to resolve this -- of course, I can't call, because -- see above.

I try to call from another phone, even then I get the same recorded message, which says it will transfer me to a human being, but then gives me another recorded message and says goodbye.

As everyone here will know, there is no way to email them.

I have no idea what bill has not been paid because nothing shows up on the 'My BT' page that the emails directed me to.

I DO desperately need the landline because no reliable mobile signal here.  How can I find someone from BT who will actually resolve this??

@DavidB  by any chance?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Landline account cancelled for not paying bills -- but I have a Direct Debit

try contacting billint team using 'message us' and see if they can help sort out your account

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Landline account cancelled for not paying bills -- but I have a Direct Debit

@smitcheu 

Are you a BT Broadband customer as well?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Unless things have changed relatively recently, accounts ‘suspended’ for non payment , still allowed certain calls , and customer service calls were one type , in fact , AFAIR any call attempts were diverted through to customer services.

If you think you don’t have an account problem , it’s possible your line is crossed with a line that is TOS ( temporarily out of service ) , try calling 17070 and check the correct number it’s announced .

There is no reason why another phone ( by which presumably you mean a different account holder ) would also get the same announcement about non payment, unless some extremely weird problem was affecting multiple users , that’s not very likely.

Calling customer service is the quickest way to resolve this , anyone with an issue that stops calls being made will ( obviously ) need to find an alternative way to contact their provider, the fact you ask why no email address exists suggests you are not completely cut off .

0 Ratings