cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Landline/broadband still active after disconnection date.

So I'm leaving bt and was given a date 1st July for when my services stop. The TV went off at the right time, but the landline and broadband are still active after the disconnection date. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Landline/broadband still active after disconnection date.

@ESKIBOY 

It may take a couple of days. You may find that you cannot make any calls on the line, but dial tone is likely to stay there, as your number will be a "stopped" number.

Are you moving to a different provider?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Yes, moving to another provider. Phone still makes incoming and outgoing calls and broadband still works.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

If you are moving to a provider that uses Openreach, then not much will change apart from the fact you will be using their router and not the BT Home Hub. Changeover does not normally involve a disconnection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

What company  are you moving your service to ?

Assuming you are migrating to another provider that also uses Openreach, it’s possible physical work is required , disconnecting you from the old and connecting you to the new ( for example BT to Talk Talk ) , this work isn’t always done on the quoted date , but your old service should continue until OR do the work , your bill is adjusted to show the actual date of migration….BTTV isn’t dependent on OR , if you were told July 1 , then that date should be when the service stops , that could have happened even if you were staying with BT , just removing BTTV.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Moving to Virgin. They came and installed all the services and they're up and running. My phone line and broadband with BT is till active right now. I go on the BT website and it tells me that all my services was stopped on the 1st  July.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Moving to VM doesn't auto cancel your BT BB & phone.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

So the landline and broadband stays active? What about the number port that i requested? I've told both BT and Virgin im moving.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

If you told & cancelled with BT that should be sufficient but they don't need to act immediately. Give them a few days.

0 Ratings