cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Landline help

I'm trying to help a neighbour who has no landline or internet.  She just wants a landline and nothing else.  She has a mastersocket but no connection.  I keep trying to contact BT to help her but it keeps asking me for help with my own number.  How do I contact BT to help her?   Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Landline help

@LynneT19047 

The easiest option is to place an order online, with her permission.

https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

Message 3 of 9

Thanks Keith.   I will have a look at the deals.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Is she a BT customer and is it a problem that she has or is she trying to get a new landline phone installed?

If it is the latter you should call 0800.800.150 and select the option for new customer.

Landline Deals | Home Phone Packages | BT

You can also do this online if you have access to the Internet.

New landline orders | BT Help

Message 5 of 9

Try this:

rbz5416_0-1655472857563.png

If she's on benefits check which, as she may be entitled to a lower rate. But if there's decent mobile coverage that's likely to be a much cheaper option.

Also bear in mind any price you agree today could rise by as much as 15% in March next year.

Message 6 of 9

She's been in her flat for many years but has never had a landline.  There is a mastersocket from the previous occupant.  The neighbour wants a landline but is relying on me to try and arrange someone to call and see what she needs.  I don't know if the line is live or not and she doesn't have a phone to plug into it.  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

If she has been there for years and never had a landline the line that is there will not be live.

Before going for a land line have you looked at a mobile phone package for her.

Depending on her needs it may be cheaper and more convenient for her to have the mobile phone should she go out and about or if she is unfortunate enough to need to go into a nursing home in the future.

Message 8 of 9

Ignore the fact there is a socket there already, to all intents and purposes that is irrelevant. Just order the line, whatever is required to achieve the service will be provided. If the existing line can be re-used it will be, if not, a new line will be provided.

Message 9 of 9

I'm actually speaking to someone now.  So thanks for your help.

0 Ratings