cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Landlines

Go to solution

I can understand what you are saying, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Basically new customers have to pay £5 in order to have a phone number and the ability to receive calls, existing customers don't receive a discount for not having that capability.

Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@Keith_Beddoecan I send you a message ? I can explain the saving made as people keep quoting £5 and it's incorrect for existing customers.

@-Richie- 

No its best to post it on the forum, as I have no easy way to archive PMs, unlike the RSS feed on the forum, where I keep a message archive.

Fair enough 🙂

If an existing customer moves to broadband only, the saving they will make depends on what they pay for a calling plan or other voice supporting addons, many existing customers will have free calling plans or addons, in which case they wouldn't save any money at all.

A new customer though would be forced to pick a chargeable calling plan, the cheapest being PAYG for £5, without the voice element they can save £5 by not having to choose PAYG calling plan.

There is no discount for going broadband only, the saving is from not having to have a chargeable calling plan.

Does that make sense and explain where the savings are made now ? there's loads of forum posts of people being told about £2 or £5 savings etc, it comes down to not needing chargeable phone addons anymore.

So how do you reconcile that with the £7.31 saving you have just quoted in message 7 for not having the 700 minute calling plan? If you can save £7.31 for not having 700 minutes, surely you should save £5 for not having PAYG. It is not consistent.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

I can understand what you are saying, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Basically new customers have to pay £5 in order to have a phone number and the ability to receive calls, existing customers don't receive a discount for not having that capability.

I'll put it another way, switching to broadband only gives you zero discount, not a single penny off, nada, zilch.

However, it means you don't need any calling plan addons which are now all chargeable, PAYG is £5 per month but there are loads of existing customers who have it discounted to £0 or £2 or like me for example still have free weekend calls or other legacy plans.

New customers don't get a loyalty discount, so they pay £5 for PAYG because you must have a calling plan if they have a voice service, you can't not have a calling plan and that is where people save if they don't use the landline for making or receiving calls.

Any existing customer moving to broadband only will only save the cost of their current call plan addons, if they have them free they save nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution
I don't know what I'm doing, I thought I was reconciling the question. I am reconciled, I am unequivocally satisfied with the answers and I'm now done, thank you all for your help 😉👍
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

I see so an existing customer like me don't pay the £5 monthly fee for PAYG.

As I have never seen a £5 monthly charge for PAYG on my BT bill.

I moved from the old free evening and weekend calls to PAYG over 2 years ago. As we now very rarely use the landline now to make calls.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

I'll put it another way, switching to broadband only gives you zero discount, not a single penny off, nada, zilch.

But in message 7 you said it did, the cost of your calling plan. Which is either £5 for PAYG, £7.31 for 700 minutes or £10 (or whatever it is ) for unlimited minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

But in message 7 you said it did, the cost of your calling plan. Which is either £5 for PAYG, £7.31 for 700 minutes or £10 (or whatever it is ) for unlimited minutes.

I said the OP would make a saving of £7.31 as they would no longer have a chargeable addon, it's not a discount for removing the voice element, it's a saving of not paying for a mandatory addon.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

I think there's a bright future for you in politics @@-Richie- 😃😃😃