cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Line Rental Saver discount

Go to solution

Just received an extraordinarily generous offer from BT.  Their email offers to renew my line rental at "...a discount of £19:99 per month"  I.e. a saving of nearly £240 for the year!

Yes I know its an error.  The true saving is 12 months for the price of 11.  But disappointing that BT did not check the wording before sending this.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Line Rental Saver discount

Go to solution

Hi @John2022   Just out of interest would you please copy/paste the full wording (obviously minus your personal information)?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 18.23.14.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@John2022wrote:

Yes I know its an error. 

I don't see the error, Line Rental Saver is reflected by a recurring discount of £19.99 for 12 months, which is what the email states.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

@John2022wrote:

Yes I know its an error. 

I don't see the error, Line Rental Saver is reflected by a recurring discount of £19.99 for 12 months, which is what the email states.

Really?  I think you need to read it again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

@-Richie- 

As he posted in the OP, the message says the discount is £19.99 each month.

But this raises an interesting question. If line rental is £19.99 per month, how come taking broadband only without line rental only saves £5 per month? 🤔

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

I read it and must be missing something then as it says you need to pay £219.84 upfront and you will get a rental refund of £19.99pm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

This has been covered numerous times. You do not get broadband without line rentals you need a fibre/copper connection to get broadband.

You can get broadband without ability to make or receive calls and that will give discount of about £5pm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

@rbz5416  You are confusing line rental with landline capability.

Line rental is required as broadband doesn't arrive by magic 😄, landline capability is optional and is where the £5 comes in.

Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Goodness.  This is my first use of the Community and I didn't realise so many responses would be received, so quickly.  Is it always like this?

As some of the earlier responses said, you can interpret the BT text in more than one way, though I still think my original interpretation is a valid one.

0 Ratings