cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Line rental saver

Recently renewed broadband, line and tv contract. I was just considering whether it may be worth paying the line rental saver up front but it seems to set me off on a new( and much worse) contract process. Is that correct? I mean that you cant just pay a line rental for 12 months whenever you like?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Line rental saver

@homerhotspur 

Line Rental Saver is really defunct now, as the price of the line rental is included in all broadband deals, ever if you have a broadband only package, as the cost of the physical connection path, still has to be paid.

It may help "phone only" customers save a months rental costs.

Message 3 of 8

It shouldn't start a new contract but there is no refund so if you change provider when your Broadband contract is up and it doesn't coincide with your LRS ending you'll lose out.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Is my Line Rental Saver payment refundable?

Yes. If you choose to cancel Line Rental Saver at any time, we'll refund any remaining upfront payment.

This from BT help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@homerhotspur 

Line Rental Saver is really defunct now, as the price of the line rental is included in all broadband deals, ever if you have a broadband only package, as the cost of the physical connection path, still has to be paid.

It may help "phone only" customers save a months rental costs.

Incorrect. My renewal e-mail (Halo 1 and phone), just received, says "It costs £219.84 for 12 months, which gives you a credit of £19.99 each month."

That's only £20.04 a year saving , but why pay BT more than necessary?

Incorrect. "Line Rental Saver is only available for customers with a landline and broadband."

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

My main point was that having followed the links to order Line Saver, I was then presented with a page showing a new price for Broadband and line far in excess of my new contract price. It appeared like a whole new (much worse)contract offer. I was wondering if BT , having already given me a good price for combined line/ broadband  , don't want people then getting another discount on top of what they have given as part of the package?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The system is a bit flaky but people have posted stating that the contract doesn't change even when the link shows something different.

When I used LRS I actually rang customer options to pay it  0800 800 030.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Is line rental saver still an option for digital voice / BT Full Fibre FTTP customers then? We’ve only very recently just upgraded to FTTP - Full Fibre 500.

I assumed this wouldn’t be the case, but if I can save some money by paying a lump sum upfront I may well be interested.

0 Ratings