cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 53

Re: Locked into HALO and unable to reduce costs - do BT ever try to retain loyal customers?

I think in the OP's case he has been trying to negotiate getting a better deal now he is out of contract, BT arent offering "New BT Customer Prices" but they are offered a migration to EE but the prices offered to the OP are not "New EE Customer Prices".

But, as ive said a few times and maybe im missing something, the guys out of contract, BT and EE are apparently separate, just go sign up to EE and have their new order process cease the BT service whilst getting new customer prices, which right now at EE are good, at least try this.

As far as I can see no one has confirmed if this isnt an option in the same way if he went to Sky or anyone else....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 22 of 53

Re: Locked into HALO and unable to reduce costs - do BT ever try to retain loyal customers?

@Puma937 

If you were overseas and didn't renew your contract then you must be OUT OF CONTRACT and on BT's rolling contract. Kindly check that  on your MyBT and if so, simply book an EE installation. The onus will then be on EE to arrange/organise the take over your OOC BT internet. All the "goodies" can be added later when you're up and running.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 53

@naylor2006 I think the issue is that BT and EE are separate when it suits them but in this case EE aren't offering the same "new customer" deals.. BT/EE's pricing structure is all over the place and really does seem to have a wild west approach to it 

Message 24 of 53

Yeah but I don’t think the OP has gone directly to EE, which I know isn’t easy because AFAIK when you call up up you get through to the same people.

If it was me I’d just sign up on EE’s website going through the process there and see what happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 53

@naylor2006 @Carlusha - I've just been on the phone to EE and been on hold for 35mins with no reply, so again I've given up.

When I spoke to BT and stated I was out of contract with BT for over a year, so I might as well just sign up to EE as a new customer to obtain a lower price - I was told that I would potentially lose my land line number, have to pay £18 a month for unlimited calls (instead of £11 for existing BT customers) and there may be other installation costs.

What I cant understand is why I am being forced to move and not given the choice as an existing customer?

If the BT 'product' does not exist for residential anymore, why are they still selling it?

I could understand if ALL new custom was being directed to EE and existing customers were being phrased across to EE with incentives to do so. BUT......this is not the case. BT are purely stating that their product is now more expensive and they cannot offer any deals.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 53

Cant you just sign up online to EE?

Just follow through the steps and see how it pans out. Every time I called up I was talking to EE, yet I made a BT order and am still a BT customer, so the agent on the phone may not be able to effectively separate the two. They will always be aware you are an existing customer and maybe arent inclined to deal with it separately, I dunno, but if I was you I;d just go to EE Broadband Deals For July 2024 | Home Broadband | EE and build up an order and see if you can indeed sign up as a new customer with those nice deals.

I wouldnt try to understand whats going on with porting existing customers to EE only whilst letting brand new ones join BT.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 53

@naylor2006 - Unfortunately if I try to sign up online with EE it recognises my address, email address and home phone number at the latter stages , directing me to BT. I also have a mobile account with EE.

It really shouldn't be so hard for me to take out a new contract, with the same prices as a new customer.

Or for BT to retain a customer........ who they know has been overcharged for a basic speed broadband package, that is locked to a worthless Halo product. 

Due to my own fault I've been paying through the nose for a slow service. I'm not asking for a refund, just for prices to be consistent, competitive and transparent for all - not just newbies, who will leave as soon their contract ends. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 53

Ahh okay, I can confirm that my curiosity around this is now satisfied, you have explored every option I would have tried and it looks like BT and EE arent separate in the way it seems they should be, otherwise you should be able to go there as a total stranger.

Unfortunately looks like you are going to have to entertain maybe Sky or one of the others that can offer the complete, Broadband, TV and Phone package.

Really sorry its gone this way, must be totally infuriating. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 53

@Puma937 wrote:

I'm not asking for a refund, just for prices to be consistent, competitive and transparent for all - not just newbies, who will leave as soon their contract ends. 

Were you not a newbie at one time🙄

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 53

Due to what appears to be a  lot of unhelpful customer service reps and a lack of information about what a "new customer" is I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.