cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Loss of service/compensation

Go to solution

So the 20th of December a lady crashed into a mast on our road, completely knocking it over. We have not had Internet since (its now the 30th). We reported the fault the day it happened and openreach have been on our road on and off since. We had an update today that it will be resolved the 4th of January. (The automated system has shown the 23rd, 27th, 29th and now the 4th). I understand that after the 2nd day the compensation is like £8.40 a day but will this include weekends and the Bank Holidays so Christmas, boxing day, new years eve, new years day, the 2nd of Jan? My partner has a new homeworking job and we have had to pay at least £100 of extra phone data between us to hotspot him so that he can still work. 

We are getting very frustrated, and my 2yo is still not enjoying the adverts interrupting her peppa pig haha

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Loss of service/compensation

Go to solution
You might not be eligible for any compensation as Openreach could deem it to be out of their control.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Loss of service/compensation

Go to solution

@Indy95wrote:

My partner has a new homeworking job and we have had to pay at least £100 of extra phone data between us to hotspot him so that he can still work. 

Residential broadband is for entertainment purposes, you won't be compensated for loss of earnings, if your partner is going to be reliant on broadband then can I suggest looking at BT Business, the SLA (Service Level Agreements) on a business account can cover financial loss.

For more info on the Automatic Compensation have a look Here 

0 Ratings