cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Lying

Has anyone else experienced it when BT employees actually lie to you? On Saturday I called CS to talk to and advisor about my BB package as I felt I was paying far to much for something I could get cheaper elsewhere. The advisor set me up on a package which was a considerable saving and I kept most of what I already had. I was happy with that and so I stayed with BT. He went through all the T&C's and said I would get a confirmation email. I left the call and waited. No email. I called back and hour later. New advisor said the changes had all gone through and it can take up to 6 hrs to receive the mail confirming. Had nothing by mid morning on Monday and so called up. I got through to a very unhelpful person who told me that there was no order on my account for what had been discussed on Sat. She admitted she could see I had called up twice but no notes and she could not honour the deal that the person had told me was in place on Sat. So on Sat I had clearly been lied to. Twice!!! I was flabbergasted. I asked her to listen to the call. She said she could raise a complaint. I wanted to know time frame for resolving this and would I be called as it is very serious to be lied to, twice, by members of the CS staffs on Saturday. I was made to feel like I was lying. She promised me an email with my complaint number. No email received although she did give me a reference. I can't check the complaint on the tracker as the tracker does not work, as pointed out by others on this forum. I called Customer Retention team and spoke to a lady there who was very helpful and gave me the deal that was promised on Sat. I still want my complaint looked into for the two CS team members who lied to me on Sat and said the contract had been set up, but I don't know if complaint is still live or not. Been a loyal customer at BT for longer than I care to remember.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lying

Update: I went online via the chat to ask if complaint was still open as the tracker is not working. It had been closed!!! I want it reopened as I was lied to on Sat and despite achieving a new contract there is still a fundamental here in that I was told falsehoods on Sat. Even when I asked for it to be reopened as the new contract was not the issue it was being lied to that was, she still asked if she could close it as I praised the person who did do a good job, in retentions. This is like pulling teeth. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Copbear 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you needed to open a complaint on your account. When you open a complaint about the way a call was handled, this would be used as a guide to find out what was discussed to try and find a resolution for you. If they find something wrong with the way the call was handled, this would be dealt with internally.

I'm glad you managed to speak with someone who could find the deal that you were happy with. 

Please keep us updated with what happens.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I had a guy called Michael from the Executive Complaint team. He was excellent.....if only all the staff were like Michael. The matter will all be sorted tomorrow, I hope.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for coming back to let us know, @Copbear 

Chris

0 Ratings