cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Manage Account Pending

Go to solution

Hi there,

I tried setting up myBT account but I was unable to as it would not accept my own email address, and it appeared to have setup a @btinternet.com email address that I have never heard off - and therefore unable to access. As an alternative I created a managed account. I was able to add my personal email address and enter all my BT account information. The problem now is that it states the account is pending... So I have a few questions :

1. How long will this be pending?

2. Why was I unable not create my own account to begin with? I have no record of ever being setup with a BTInternet email address.

3. When I ring the contact number stated on your website, it asks for my phone number and then nothing... the phone doesn't' hang up but there is just nothing, it goes no further.

All in all its very frustrating. For such a high tech company I'm surprised at how bad your myBT process is.

M.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Manage Account Pending

Go to solution

Hi @MaryMac, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you're having a problem setting up your MyBT account online and could not get an answer when you called in.

The account would only be pending if you haven't completed the sign-up journey or the @btinternet ID already has the account holder status on it. 

Have a look at What is a BTID and how can I get one? for guidance on how to set up your MyBT and check Account Holder status role has been set on the ID.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The problem is I cant create the BTID - I go through the process to create one until it reaches the point of sending a PIN code to an email address ending in @btinternet.com - I don't have an email address ending in @btinternet.com - what can I do?

thanks

M.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @MaryMac, thanks for getting back to me. I just wanted to check one more thing with you. Is this a new account with us or an account you've had for some time and are setting up the MyBT now?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi John,

I have been a customer of BT for years but just recently changed my billing to direct debit. I have been advised to view my bills online via the myBT website. This is the first time I have tried to setup myBT.

Hope this helps.

M.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @MaryMac, thanks for getting back to me. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to assist you in getting this set up.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call today @MaryMac .

I'm glad this is all sorted. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings