cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Mid Contract my Broadband Package Price Reduced as did the Special Offer Discount by Same Amount

Go to solution

When I took out my new contract earlier this year my broadband package cost was £X which was reduced by special offer discount of £8.

Three months ago my broadband package cost was reduced by £3 at the same time my special offer discount was reduced by £3 the net effect is that my actual payment remained the same.

The only indication of the changes is by looking at my bills as opposed to any notification.

I can't see the rationale for reducing the broadband package cost and also reduce the special offer discount by the same amount in mid contract.

Anyone else come across this odd situation?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mid Contract my Broadband Package Price Reduced as did the Special Offer Discount by Same Amount

Go to solution

@allanraymondwrote:

I can't see the rationale for reducing the broadband package cost and also reduce the special offer discount by the same amount in mid contract.

It's to reduce your out of contract increase, a change made in your favour.
Historically BT offered huge discounts for a new minimum term, this caused issues when the discount ended and customer never checked, the result was unhappy customers.
To combat this, BT offered a reduced discount and package, so now when your discounts end, the price increase isn't so bad, it's actually a good change for consumers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mid Contract my Broadband Package Price Reduced as did the Special Offer Discount by Same Amount

Go to solution

Thanks, it now makes sense?

0 Ratings