cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Migrated landline to voip provider, incorrectly told I need to return my bt kit (SH2)

Go to solution

Hi,

So I've recently migrated my landline to a voip provider after having fttp from city fibre installed & in numerous correspondence I've had sent to me via email & post from BT since leaving they clearly state that I only need to return my bt kit (smarthub 2) if I joined bt after December 13th 2019, well we had been a bt broadband customer since the 24th April 2012 so I'm wondering why I've been asked to return my bt router & if I don't within 60 days I'll get charged!

We did upgrade to a g.fast connection on the 1st October 2019,  which is when they sent me the SH2 I believe but I never used it, I haven't seen it for years as I used my own router even since joining bt  but the date of my g.fast upgrade was still over 2 months before the date specified on your correspondence.

So far I've spent an hour and a half on the phone in a queue waiting to get through to someone to say I don't need to return my bt kit but it seems nobody wants to answer the phone, I understand the mods are great on here at sorting issues out so could someone look into this please if I PM one of you my bt account details.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Migrated landline to voip provider, incorrectly told I need to return my bt kit (SH2)

Go to solution

If you were still using the equipment that was issued to you before 13th December 2019 you would not have had to return it however if you have re contracted since that date, according to Terms and Conditions you do have to return it or pay for it.

See this link. Section "If your equipment isn't returned"

help/tv/how-to-return-and-recycle-your-bt-broadband-hub-and-bt-tv-box-fo

Message 3 of 3

Re: Migrated landline to voip provider, incorrectly told I need to return my bt kit (SH2)

Go to solution

Well that's exactly the issue, I never re contracted to bt on or after Dec 13 2019, anyway I finally got through on the phone to someone & this is sorted, they confirmed I don't need to return the bt router. 

0 Ratings