cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Mis Sold New Broadband package.

Go to solution

On 9th Feb 2023 my old BT Broadband package finished and I was contacted by BT to offer a new one. They told me I should sign up for FIBRE HALO 3 as my flat was connected to fibre. I am a pensioner with no knowledge of the various Broadband packages and duly signed up on 24 th March. I hardly use broadband only for a few emails but do use the phone a lot and like the unlimited calls available.  My package is costing me around £65.per month.On speaking to a friend he was amazed that they did not offer any other package more suited to my needs.  He suggested that what I need is something like Fibre Essential package with phone at a much reduced cost. This was not offered in the call from BT only the expensive Halo3. It was too late to cancel the package when I found out I had been mis sold and I cant locate anyone at BT to discuss this. On 150 they just give the normal blurb. Can anyone advise how I should proceed.

Thanks. DIWIL

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Mis Sold New Broadband package.

Go to solution

@DIWIL 

do you qualify for BT home Essentials

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

no I dont

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

If you login to MYBT can you say what broadband and phone package you actually have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Yes I have done that and find the following.  Broadband Fibre 1/Digital Voice Home phone/

Unlimited minutes call plan £13.00 (I want this)

Broadband package £59.99 (This is too fast for me-I only use it for emails)

Discount £7.50

Total £65.49

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Does it say you also have Halo 3?

The cost for fibre 1 seems very high .  I have asked a forum mod who is BT employee to see if they can help you and they will post here

Unfortunately you cannot get BT HOME ESSENTIALS as your friend suggested as you do not qualify

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @DIWIL,

I am sorry that you feel that you were missold when you contacting us for help.

Check your private messages for me, please. I've sent you a message that you can reply back to me on.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

i thought i had Halo 3 but I have just received from BT the contract documents which states Fibre 1. with prices as I mentioned.

Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call @DIWIL .

I'm glad we were able to sort this out for you. Post back if you have any other problems.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your help. My email plus unlimited phone has now reverted to what i wanted in the first place.

Tanks again. Rgds Di

0 Ratings