cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Mis-selling BT broadband and telephone services

Hi All, 

I am concerned that my 91 year old neighbour has been mis-sold a BT broadband and telephone service that she does not need and is now caught in a contract that she cannot get out of without a penalty charge. 

She was sold the new contact via door-to-door sales and I am minded to contact the local Trading Standards team.  She has been sold a contract that is quite expensive and includes a Netflix subscription. She would like to go back to her old broadband provided but is very upset about the penaltly charge that she may have to pay to leave BT. 

Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix this? 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mis-selling BT broadband and telephone services

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I'll flag the problem to the mods, they will post on the thread.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

See also https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-door-to-door-sales-everything-you-need-to-know/td-p/22...

The visit would have been followed up with a call from BT, so the contract would not have been arranged at the door, the visits are just for sales leads, so I wonder who really called?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: Mis-selling BT boradband and telephone services

Hi @MrT4,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you feel, your neighbour has been mis-sold. If you send me the details, I'll be able to get this investigated. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings