cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving home FTTP (Halo 2) to FTTC

Hi there

I  am a BT Halo 2 customer (150 Mbps download speed) and about to move to a new property that currently only supports  FTTC (70 Mbps max)

When I signed up to Halo 2 (FTTP) for my current home years ago, it was a discounted package and BT are now trying to get me to take a new FTTC package (much lower speed) for the new property at twice the cost of what I am paying now.

The Halo2 package has a price promise guarantee and I get the impression that BT is trying to get me to pay much more for an inferior product because of my home move situation. 

I read through all T&Cs but couldn't find anything related to such a scenario. Has anyone encountered this or have any advice re. how to deal with this?   

BT broadband has been good for me and am not really looking to change supplier. Appreciate any guidance. Thx

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving home FTTP (Halo 2) to FTTC

Hi @asp4job,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Generally, if you're moving home we should be able to offer a like for like change. As you can't get a like for like change we may be able to release you from your contract. It does sound as if you would prefer to stay and take the FTTC package but at the same price. The only reason that we couldn't do something like this is if you were on a package that was incorrectly set at the wrong price, originally, through human error. That's the only reason that I can think of as to why the team haven't been able to match your existing price. That's something that would need to be reviewed and our best done to help you.

When you contacted us over the phone, did we open a complaint to deal with this for you?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Many thanks DanielS

Yes, a complaint has been opened as well. 

The contract period ended last year, so no issues on that front

But you are right... I really don't want to leave BT and Halo2 is fantastic. I don't believe that there was a human error in the original pricing as it was taken via the BT online portal years ago.

Thanks once again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

That's good news.

The complaints team should be able to help you as much as possible to try and match everything.

It would be good to know how you get on with this after they've been in touch, if that's ok?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Absolutely DanielS
I will provide an update in about 2- 3 weeks

Thx
Message 6 of 6

Quick update as I received a call from the Complaints division, last Wednesday (01 Mar). 

There is no change to BTs position and no solution has been provided to the impassed (that wasnt already provided to me before raising the complaint). Here is a summary of the discussion that lasted ~20 mins:

- BT reiterated that the only options are for me to leave BT or move to a much reduced package by paying a whole lot more than what I am paying now
- BT representative made what felt like subtle threats that they did not know how the BT website allowed my original Halo2 deal and that they should be charging me retrospectively (but hinted about BT wishing not acting on it). As the same message was mentioned about 4 times in under 15 mins, it felt like a veiled threat and an excuse for not offering any better solutions
- When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the BT rep advised that she was calling from the highest authority at BT (CEO's office or equivalent) and that this cannot and will not be taken up any higher
- BT said that this was their full and final position. I asked for this to be provided in writing so that I could decide on next action.

I was promised that the 'Full and Final position' letter should reach me by Thursday (02 Mar 2023) morning worst case. It has been 3 days since and I have heard nothing.

With just over 3 weeks left now for my home move, it does feel like BT is trying to stretch this as much as possible so that I will be forced to either accept a horrendous price hike for a much inferior BT product or leave BT (both of which would be ideal for BT, but not for me)

I plan to call the complaints division soon to get an update on the 'Full and Final position' letter

0 Ratings