cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Moving home and basically no internet options available

Hi there,

I'm moving to a postcode in south east London and I've I have no fibre options with any company available. I've moved all around London and have never seen this so can someone help me please? Current options are sub 5mbps and that's just not viable for me. 

I did an address check that is below but I can't decipher it. Any help massively appreciated. 

Thanks

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateHighLowHighLowVDSL Range A (Clean)

8065.5201959.5Waiting listWaiting listVDSL Range B (Impacted)

8061.9201955Waiting listWaiting list
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MWBC Fixed Rate
Up to 5.5--3 to 8Available
Up to 5.5Up to 13 to 8Available
2----Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 5.5--3 to 8Available--
Up to 2-- Available--
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
N

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Dec 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving home and basically no internet options available

@TheEarl91 

Fibre (FTTC )is listed, but the cabinet is full.

You would have to accept ADSL to start with, then upgrade to FTTC once space is available. You would need to check this frequently, and then place an upgrade order. You may not have to wait very long, it also depends on when you intend to move.

Fibre 2 would be available, up to 80mbs.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for quick and helpful response Keith, lets hope there's space soon!! 

Jack 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@TheEarl91 

I assume you are a BT Retail customer, as this is a BT Retail Customer Forum.

If you follow the home move process, you will be given the options.

https://www.bt.com/manage/moving-home/

Its possible that by your moving date, space will be available.

0 Ratings