cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moving home terrible experience

Hi,

warning: not a short story. 

We moved home on 25 August. We asked the previous owner if they ever used BT around early August.  So they said no, and we called the hotline and ordered on 6 August , saying we think the house has never had BT connections before.   

On 25 August the engineer came and said he needed Openreach to do the job!  So we called again next day, got an appointment for 2 Sep.  The engineer didn’t show up and we called and found 2 Sep wasn’t in the system?!  

So we called again and now it’s 8 September.  I am hoping to see the engineer and he’s from Openreach to do the proper job.  I now call to confirm everyday, as I got an exception when I tried to open the order on myBT…

tomorrow is exactly 1 month from the day I ordered and it’s frustrating.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving home terrible experience

Hi @Wscheng,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if the activation has been delayed. 

Has the engineer been booked for the 8th of September? 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I can only guess because I can’t check the order online - it gives me error message.   I can only rely on hotline to check daily - am afraid it suddenly got cancelled or whatever 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Wscheng,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry you can't check that order online.

If you send me your details, I can take a look to make sure that the appointment is going ahead as planned.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It turned out today the appointment won’t happen.   Speechless 

0 Ratings